„Since Belvedere controls Vilniaus Degtine's direct owner, Sobieski, all sorts of scenarios are possible, as are some changes at the company, depending on who will control the stake. As to Vilniaus Degtine, my opinion is that there won't be any big changes,“ Juozas Daunys told BNS.
The CEO said that given Vilniaus Degtine's performance results of recent years, he feels confident about the future of the company.
„Following several years of losses, the company has been improving its results for the past six quarters and today we anticipate a much better result in 2013 than in 2012. I think that the company is meeting the main requirements of the shareholders - – to increase the value and earnings - – and I don't see any logical explanation as to why anything should be changed or why we should expect very big changes,“ he said.
Daunys said that he had no information as to a possible sale of Poland's Sobieski, the majority shareholder of the Vilnius distillery.
Bloomberg has reported that a French court last week approved a restructuring plan for Belvedere, under which holders of its 375 million-euro floating-rate notes will get 87 percent of the French company and its existing shareholders will take the remaining 13 percent.
Vilniaus Degtine last year posted a net profit of 376,000 litas, as sales revenues soared by 36 percent to 55.944 million litas.
Belvedere's Polish subsidiary Sobieski held a 68.29 percent stake in Vilniaus Degtine at the end of last year.
The Vilnius-based company is quoted on the Secondary List of the NASDAQ OMX Vilnius stock exchange.